Thursday, August 22, 2013

My High School Writing Process

As a high school student I always tried to focus on my school work as much as possible.  Whenever I was assigned an essay I knew that planning and research were vital parts of the writing process but personally, I found it easier just to sit down with my computer and begin writing.  Brainstorming ideas was always more effective if I could begin putting my ideas down as soon as they came to me.  Getting started has always been my largest challenge in writing.

When choosing topics I always found it easier to work if I was interested in what I was writing.  This helped me to gain knowledge of something I was interested in which enabled me to produce a quality product.  When it came to working environment I generally enjoyed having background music, preferably country.  This made me more relaxed and able to focus on the task at hand.  During High School I was very active outside of school.  If it was sunny outside I could not stand to be in.  From duck and deer hunting in the winter time to fishing during the warmer months, there were plenty of distractions from homework.  Because of this I had to force myself to stay in and do my work which usually meant doing it during spare time at school or at night after I got home from doing various after school activities.

Whenever I wrote anything I knew that it was important to utilize my resources for assistance and proofreading.  My mother was always a valuable asset for proofreading along with many of my teachers who offered assistance in subjects other than those that they taught.  During my writing process I typically found it sufficient to go through two drafts before turning in the final.  I would write the original draft then revise, edit and correct mistakes in it and then rewrite the piece before doing the previous once more.  After making sure that everything had been completed and the work was how I wanted it, I was able to complete the final draft to be turned in.   

During High School writing was an important part of my literature classes.  This helped me to realize the importance of writing in everyday life and also in Business which is my chosen field of study.  I learned that it was vital to know how I could be successful in my writing.  Knowing things like my preferred writing environment and when I could be most focused and prepared to write helped me to be able to produce a quality product in the end. 

     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment